The position will provide project management services for the Center for Research and Grants. The position will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the OnCore® Enterprise Research Management system. They will be responsible for the oversight and management of all aspects of project management activities for the Center including various subprojects. They will lead teams for the implementation of projects consisting of staff from the Center for Research and Grants and other Baptist Health organizations as appropriate. Serves as the primary interface with BHSF IT Department. They will develop work flow processes that are productive and efficient and will be responsible for collaborating with organizations outside of and within BHSF to ensure that projects are completed on time and within their budgets. No direct supervision, but Project Specialist will be responsible for leading multiple, cross-institutional teams.
Essential Job Functions
- The Project Specialist for OnCore will lead the OnCore team and its key stakeholders in working with all clinical research staff to centralize clinical trials processes and all work related tasks in the OnCore system. This includes projects related to the development of mobile web services for patients and providers.
- Serve as the BHSF OnCore representative in the Onsemble, ( a national working consortium of OnCore users ), and to software developers and customer support staff at Forte Research Systems, Inc to specify product enhancements and requirements, share information and engage in collaborative projects.
- Ensures the following: a) OnCore runs reliably and is available 24/7; b) protocols are entered into the CTMS so that they can be accessed across BHSF c) users are trained based on their role within BHSF d) internal and external documentation is current and applicable; e) direct support is available via phone and email; f) electronic case report forms and protocol calendars are developed and deployed; g) customized reports are developed and deployed as needed to management and senior leaders.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements for key stakeholders across BHSF. Work with users to identify needs for standard reports and obtaining custom reports.
- Must be able to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and respectfully to CRG Leadership and conduct regular, high-profile project status meetings to provide updates to OnCore executive sponsors. Facilitate and maintain cross-functional communications between stakeholders and project team.
- Ability to act as a resource; utilize strong problem-solving skills, to manage and prioritize specific product enhancements and requirements to Forte Research personnel on behalf of end users and participating satellite study sites. Continually think of ways to enhance existing systems and support users in developing new user requirements.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the application such as adding new choices to pick lists, new staff members and institutions. Train end-users to utilize new functionality included in upgrades and enhancements. Will serve as the liaison between the OnCore end-users, their teams, researchers, technical support personnel, executive sponsors, and CRG leadership.
- Develop and provide OnCore user-oriented training and documentation. Develop and write training material (e.g. training manuals, helpful hints, etc.) Schedule, deliver and track training globally. Collect feedback on training and develop and implement improvement ideas for user training.
- Ability to act with a high level of judgment, diplomacy, and conﬁdentiality when completing all responsibilities. Team player with strong sense of responsibility and accountability for deadlines.
- Manage project document repository and ensure project documents are complete, current, and accessible to all relevant parties. Supervise the development of Case Report Forms in OnCore based upon protocol documents for Investigator-initiated trials.
Graduate of an accredited college/university with a bachelors degree (master’s preferred) in business administration, management information systems, health sciences or other relevant field. Previous experience with clinical trial management systems preferred. Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment, work on multiple concurrent inter-related subprojects and be able to prioritize competing projects and deadlines. Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to negotiate or communicate with all levels of staff, executives, researchers and their staff. 3-5 years experience managing projects required. Must be capable of working independently and in matrix-style organizational structures. Proficient user of standard MS Office applications and MS Project and Visio preferred.
For questions, or to apply, contact Eduardo Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition, at EduardoR@baptisthealth.net.
News Source : Baptist Health South Florida is Hiring a Research Project Specialist