Created in 2005 for the purpose of promoting the Latin American & Iberian Vocal Repertoire,the centerpiece of the Barcelona Festival of Song® is a Summer Course for singers, collaborative pianists, guitarists & musicologists focused on the History & Interpretation of the Latin American & Iberian Vocal Repertoire in Spanish, Portuguese & Catalan. The Festival also presents public concerts with well known singers, pianists and guitarists and the participants in the course.
Barcelona, Spain. June 6, 2014 - (PressReleasePoint) -10 YEARS!
The Barcelona Festival of Song concert celebrates 10 years!
• 10 years doing gigs! This year the Barcelona Festival of Song will be 9 concerts of Iberian and Latin American music, not limited to concert song, but made up of the repertoire for piano (Granados), voice and guitar, flamenco and, of course, voice and piano.
• The inaugural concert will take place on June 26th at Arts Santa Monica. The soprano, Patricia Caicedo, and pianist, Nikos Stavlas, will be touring Latin America with works in Catalan, Castilian, Portuguese, Quechua and Nahuatl, a journey in poetry and Ibero American sensibility. During this concert, the priemer song cycle that was commissioned for the 2014 festival and written by the composer, Nicolás Gutierrez, will be released.
The concert of the festival will be broadcast streaming on the web and will be screened live at Centro Cultural São Paulo, in Brazil, the largest and most important cultural center in Latin America.
• The Brazilian tenor, Lenine Santos, an expert in repertoire, will present the Brazilian music concert, a program with songs ranging from the late nineteenth century to the present.
• The Catalan pianist based in Sydney, Carolina Estrada, will present a program dedicated to the piano of Granados and Falla Institute for North American Studies.
• EstefaníaPerdomo, soprano, and Jose Maria Curbelo, will present the program Entre Cataluña y Canarias with works by composers of the two regions, emphasizing the repertoire of composers like Carlota Garriga, Lourdes Suarez and the release of some unpublished songs by Alicia de Larrocha.
• Susana Crespo Held, soprano and guitarist, and Jaume Torrent Catalan, composer, will present a program dedicated to the repertoire of voice and guitar. In the song cycle, Pera una sola veu, from Jaume Torrent’s Carles Riba poems stands out.
• Flamenco concert played by two well-known figures in today's flamenco music: Singer, Alba Guerrero, and guitarist, Alberto Fernández.
Press Office Barcelona Festival of Song
34 696 144 766
Email partially hidden to block spam. Please use the contact form here.