The Analyst assists in the underwriting, packaging and presentation of commercial real estate investment properties. As part of an established team, the Analyst will be involved in many attributes of the business including, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Prepare commercial real estate sales packages and submissions for presentations to buyers.
• Respond to buyer questions regarding properties and the overall commercial real estate market.
• Perform complicated financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis in Excel.
• Prepare and maintain financial models in Argus.
• Review and analyze legal documents and third party reports as part of the due diligence process.
• Prepare market analysis reports, including vacancy, absorption, and comparable rents and sales.
• Assist clients in preparing documentation for the closing process.
• Update and maintain data in company database.
• Update and maintain sales comparables for all markets utilizing multiple industry information services.
• Collect monthly operating statements and rent rolls on all the active listings from clients and prepare revenue trend reports for internal review.
• Prepare financial or executive summaries for all active listings.
• Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
• Experience in a financial analysis environment in the mortgage or commercial real estate industry.
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
• Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with a team player attitude.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Database experience a plus.
Job Responsibility: Finance/Accounting
Job Category: Other
About Marcus & Millichap
Since 1971, Marcus & Millichap has created value for real estate owners and investors by extending the industry’s most effective and professional sales force of investment experts. Regardless of experience level, our agents have always benefited from our transaction-experienced managers, hands-on training and company-wide focus on providing the best support. Whether it is management support in creating a winning business and career plan, resolving issues during a transaction, or having access to the latest technological and information tools, Marcus & Millichap has set out to provide the most productive environment for investment professionals. We foster long-term relationships with owners and investors defined by integrity, professionalism and unmatched market expertise.
Posted: August 21, 2014
Travel Required: No
Job Responsibility: Finance/Accounting Job Category: Other