The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Los Angeles, CA United States
More than half of our system franchised internationally and we are now ready to tackle the domestic market. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying and securing new developers for non-traditional locations within the contiguous Unites States. S/he will be responsible for identifying high potential food service providers, concessionaires, multi-unit developers in major metropolitan markets, introducing them to an exciting brand opportunity, and guiding them all of the way from initial franchising discussions through their early store openings. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development.
• Reviews prospective applicants from all sources (fax, email, referral, etc.) and screens interested applicants for qualifications. Handles all initial contact, including responding to phone calls, unsolicited e-mails, answering questions, and initial meetings. Ensures accurate completion of required applications and documentation. Provides exceptional follow through and proactive customer service.
• Stays current with non-traditional business development opportunities and initiates discussions with prospective franchisees.
• Actively pursues new business opportunities within identified strategic focus areas, conducting outreach to large food service operators/concessionaires that specialize in non-traditional venues.
• Oversees the RFP submission process together with the prospective developers for non-traditional locations.
• Attends industry conferences as a brand ambassador, making a favorable impression with prospective CBTL franchisees and developing new business opportunities. Builds and maintains relationships with potential and existing developers.
• Provides coordination and support for annual conferences and meetings from venue procurement through event delivery.
• Hosts and conducts store tours with prospective franchisees, providing remarkable customer service and dialogue.
• Develops and manages weekly computer webinars to prospective franchisees.
• Oversees the contractual process from start to finish for non-traditional locations.
• Oversees all development and updating of business development marketing and sales materials.
• Manages all marketing and PR activities to support CBTL’s non-traditional franchise development.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA a plus.
• Minimum 5-10 years of previous experience in foodservice or related franchising; preferred areas of experience include, but are not limited to, franchising, multi-location, business development, marketing, real estate, and event coordination.
• Desire to travel and work a flexible schedule based on the needs of potential new developers; and be available on weekends as necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to create, present, and facilitate training materials and group presentations.
• Significant prior experience with franchise and area development agreements.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Strong familiarity with Power Point, Excel and presentation applications.
• Sound technical knowledge in contract administration, site selection, construction, training and operations.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and team members; ability to create and build rapport; knows how to achieve cooperation; acts graciously.
• A passion for our brand and standards.
• An established network of potential multi-unit franchise developers in the contiguous United States.
• Superior recruitment skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
• The ability to hit the ground running.
• A hunger and drive for success.
Business Responsibility: Development
Job Responsibility: Development
Job Category: Director
Salary Range: 100K+
About The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is a fast growing premium specialty retailer with over 900 locations in 28 countries around the world, including Company and Franchised operations. Additionally, we have operations in grocery and club stores, office coffee service, foodservice and e-commerce.
Born and brewed in southern California since 1963, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is the oldest family owned specialty retail coffee and tea company in the United States of America. Our beans and teas come from only the best farms in the world and we have direct relationships with each of these farms. As a vertically integrated Company, we are able to ensure that only the top 1% of the beans and teas in the world are used in our coffee and beverage products. Best of all, Best in Class products are served to the public by our Best in Class Team Members. Our reputation is built on our core values foundation that we call FROTH and these have served us well to create our own unique coffeehouse culture that inspires our Team Members to delight our guests.
With our proprietary roasting process treating each bean differently depending on origin, and with being credited with creating the tea latte and the first to introduce the Original Ice Blended® coffee drink to the world, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is known for innovation as well as a “cool” place to hang whether it be by the fire pit, street side on the patio or just people watching from inside the store.
Posted: June 12, 2014
Travel Required: Yes
Job Responsibility: Development Business Responsibility: Development Job Category: Director Salary Range: 100K+