FILED IN: ,
- ESPNU Thursday Night SEC Baseball Returns
- ESPN3 Record Schedule of More than 150 Exclusive Games
- Season Opener for Jameis Winston and No. 5 Florida State
- Every Team in the Top 10 – and 21 of 25 Ranked Overall – on Schedule
- At Least One Game Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Over 14 Consecutive Weeks
ESPN’s 2014 college baseball schedule will include more than 200 exclusive regular-season and conference championship games across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 and ESPNEWS, breaking the previous record of 151 matchups set last season. ESPN platforms will also present exclusive coverage of the NCAA Division I College Baseball Championship, including the selection of the 64-team field, at the conclusion of the conference tournaments.
Every game on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3 will also be available through WatchESPN, accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members, on Apple TV and Roku to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
ESPN3 will begin regular-season coverage on Friday, Feb. 14, at 4 p.m. ET with No. 5 Florida State hosting Niagara. Reigning Heisman Trophy quarterback Jameis Winston will return to the Florida State baseball team this season.
- The schedule includes 117 regular-season games involving at least one team in the current top 25 rankings with 28 of those matching ranked teams.
- An ESPN network will present at least one game every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 14 straight weeks from Friday, Feb. 21, to Sunday, May 25.
- ESPNU’s Thursday Night SEC Baseball Game of the Week will return March 27 with games on eight consecutive weeks beginning with Missouri at Auburn at 7:30 p.m.
- The series will include telecasts of No. 14 South Carolina at Arkansas (April 3), No. 2 LSU at Ole Miss (April 17), No. 4 Mississippi State against Texas A&M (April 24) and No. 8 Vanderbilt at No. 20 Florida (May 8).
- ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU will combine to televise 19 regular-season SEC games.
- ESPNU and ESPN3 will provide exclusive coverage of 111 games from the ACC, highlighted by the return of ESPNU’s ACC Monday package on March 24. The series of four games will feature at least one team currently ranked in the top 25 each week with two matchups showcasing two teams in the top 25: No. 6 Virginia at No. 17 Miami (Fla.) (March 24), No. 9 NC State at No. 16 Clemson (April 7), No. 17 Miami (Fla.) against Notre Dame (April 21) and No. 9 NC State against Wake Forest (May 12).
- ESPNU will televise No. 1 Cal State Fullerton against Hawaii over consecutive days: Saturday, April 26 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, April 27, at 10:30 p.m.
- ESPNU’s Pac-12 schedule will include two telecasts of defending national champion No. 10 UCLA: at Arizona (Saturday, April 12) and against No. 25 Stanford (Saturday, May 3). ESPNU will also televise two intrastate rivalries on Sunday, April 27: No. 7 Oregon at No. 3 Oregon State and No. 19 Arizona State at Arizona.
- ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 and ESPNEWS will combine to carry 10 conference championships.
News Source : ESPN Networks to Air Most Regular-Season College Baseball Games Ever