- Cost-effective and Low Size Weight and Power (SWAP) Integrated Design Enables Voice/Data/Video Applications for unmanned platforms operating in the Air, Sea or Ground -
PETAH TIKVA, Israel, May 12, 2014 – Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq: GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today the availability of BlackRay 300, BlackRay P60 and BlackRay Marine 250 which are part of its BlackRay suite of terminals specifically designed for operations on unmanned platforms.
The BlackRay terminals seamlessly integrate Gilat’s RaySat low-profile antennas, Gilat’s MLT-1000 modem system and Gilat Wavestream BUCs to form compact and fully integrated terminals. The antennas also include enhanced accuracy satellite tracking mechanism, providing short initial acquisition and instantaneous re-acquisition time. BlackRay features an efficient SWAP design which is especially suited for compact UAS and USV platforms. Its innovative low-profile design provides better safety, smaller radar cross-section and improved maneuverability for military platforms.
The suite of broadband Beyond Line Of Site (BLOS) two-way communications solutions includes the following models for Unmanned Air Systems (UASs):
- Compact X-band terminal
- Flat-array, low-profile tracking antenna
- High-performance satellite modem and BUC
- Can transmit over 2Mbps of IP-based voice, video and data applications
- Designed to MILSPEC
- Ku-band and Ka-band airborne terminals
- Parabolic 60cm carbon-fiber tracking antenna
- Installation within the UAS fuselage
- Can transmit over 20Mbps of IP-based voice, video and data applications
- Available in 2 or 3-axis gimbal configurations (3-axis gimbal eliminates the keyhole effect in equatorial areas)
- Extremely compact Ku-band and X-band airborne terminals
- Integrated enclosure includes flat-array low-profile antenna, satellite modem and BUC
- Minimal SWaP for installation within the UAS fuselage
- Can transmit over 1Mbps of IP-based voice, video and data applications
The suite also includes the following model for Unmanned Surface Vessels (USVs)
BlackRay Marine 250
- Compact Ku-band terminal
- Field-proven to sustain harsh marine environments
- Can transmit more than 2Mbps for any IP based voice, video and data applications
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd (Nasdaq:GILT) (TASE:GILT) is a leading provider of products and services for satellite-based broadband communications. Gilat develops and markets a wide range of high-performance satellite ground segment equipment and VSATs, with an increasing
focus on the consumer and Ka-band market. In addition, Gilat enables mobile SOTM (Satellite- on-the-Move) solutions providing low-profile antennas, next generation, solid-state power amplifiers and modems. Gilat also provides managed network and satellite-based services for rural telephony and Internet access via its subsidiaries in Peru and Colombia.
With over 25 years of experience, and over a million products shipped to more than 85 countries, Gilat has provided enterprises, service providers and operators with efficient and reliable satellite-based connectivity solutions, including cellular backhaul, banking, retail, e-government and rural communication networks. Gilat also enables leading defense, public security and news organizations to implement advanced, on-the-move tactical communications on board their land, air and sea fleets using Gilat's high-performance SOTM solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.gilat.com
Certain statements made herein that are not historical are forward-looking within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words "estimate", "project", "intend", "expect", "believe" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Gilat to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, among others, changes in general economic and business conditions, inability to maintain market acceptance to Gilat's products, inability to timely develop and introduce new technologies, products and applications, rapid changes in the market for Gilat's products, loss of market share and pressure on prices resulting from competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, inability to manage growth and expansion, loss of key OEM partners, inability to attract and retain qualified personnel, inability to protect the Company's proprietary technology and risks associated with Gilat's international operations and its location in Israel. For additional information regarding these and other risks and uncertainties associated with Gilat's business, reference is made to Gilat's reports filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.