OnDemand Recovery, RestorePoint, Databarracks, EVS Corporation, Blueshift Data Protection, Global Micro Solutions, Progressive InfoTech, Phoenix IT Services and Others Adopt RLM for Advantages over Agent-Based and Capacity-Based Backup Pricing as Data Volumes Soar
TORONTO,Canada, January 22, 2014 - (PressReleasePoint) -Asigra Inc., a leading cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider since 1986 today announced successful deploym ents of the company’s new Recovery License Model® (RLM), a value-based pricing option designed to address the growing costs of backup and recovery. Created as an alternative to capacity-based pricing (price per GB/TB), the Asigra RLM is a fairer approach that offers a low, limited recovery cost, so that expenditures remain predictable even as data volum es increase.
Tw eet This: IT Service Providers Temper Rising Backup Costs with @Asigra Recovery-Based Pricing - http://bit.ly/psJwGa #cloud #backup
Backup costs are projected to rise becau se of the increasing cloud, social m edia and mobile computing generated data volum es that mu st be protected by organizations. According to a recent study by Winning Research, many organizations expect the cost of backup and recovery to go up over the next several years due to data growth. As a result, there is a willingness by organizations to switch to recovery-based pricing, showing that fear of cost growth is a strong motivator to transition away from legacy pricing models.
In response, leading cloud backup service providers have begun to implem ent recovery-based pricing. Recovery-based pricing gives IT professionals the ability to better control backup and recovery costs, even as organizational data grows rapidly. With this approach, fees are based on a Recovery Performance Score that is calculated over a 12-month period. A waiver is provided for the single largest recovery event in any licensing term and only successful recoveries are included in the calculations. This allows cu stom ers who recover less to pay less, and costs are capped so cu stom ers never pay to recover more than 25% of their data, providing a predictable cost structure.
EVS Corporation has com e a long way since its inception, due in part to the vendors w e work with and the innovations w e bring to market," said Gayle Rose, CEO and Founder, EVS Corporation. "The Asigra Recovery License Model is one such example that changes the competitive landscape and increases the value proposition for u s and o ur cu stom ers. W e applaud Asigra’s efforts and look forward to promoting the model throughout ou r areas of operation.
Asigra Hybrid Partners bringing this new pricing paradigm to variou s markets around the world are som e of the leading innovators in cloud-based data protection:
· Blueshift Data Protection (Japan): Blueshift Data Protection is a leading provider of cloud backup services delivering secure, off-site, disk-based, data backup, recovery and archiving solutions for clients that include small, m edium and large organizations.
· Databarracks (UK): Databarracks provides secure, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Backup-as-a-Service and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service from UK-based, ex-military data centers.
· EVS Corporation (U SA): EVS Corporation offers turn-key data backup, DR, and storage solutions for its clients as w ell as professional storage managem ent and consulting services.
· OnDemand Recovery (UK): OnDemand Recovery provides an award winning backup and recovery service pow ered by Asigra for bu sinesses looking to protect bu siness critical data offsite and into the Cloud.
· Phoenix IT Services (UK): Phoenix IT Services is a UK-wide infrastructure provider that enables CIOs to embrace and profit from m egatrends that include the consum erisation of IT and BYOD, mobility, security, bu siness resilience and the switch to virtual desktop - while assuring enterprise governance, risk and control.
· Progressive InfoTech (India): Progressive is a leading system integration company in the ICT domain, focu sing on large turnkey projects to deploy enterprise solutions through professional and managed services.
· RestorePoint (U SA): RestorePoint, Inc. is exclu sively a Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) provider offering managed and outso urced services to midsize and large enterprise companies throughout the United States and Europe.
Press Contact: Joe Austin Austin, TX (818) 332-6166 *******@t**v**t**a**o**.com Email partially hidden to block spam. Please use the contact form here.