'Guardians Of The Galaxy,' 'Firefly,' 'Doctor Who,' David Boreanaz, Whoopi Goldberg and Christopher Lloyd Q&A's, creator sessions and film screenings headline programming at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 19-22 at Pennsylvania Convention Center. Sessions with James Marsters, Sean Astin, John Carpenter, Eliza Dushku, 'Karate Kid' & 'The Crow' screenings, Speed Dating and Film Festival are among more than 125 panels scheduled.
Philadelphia, June 11, 2014 - (PressReleasePoint) - Question-and-answer sessions featuring Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy standouts Dave Bautista (Drax the Destroyer), Karen Gillan (Nebula) and Michael Rooker (Yondu), “Firefly” headliners Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk, “Doctor Who” stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, David Boreanaz (“Bones,” “Angel”), Whoopi Goldberg (“Star Trek: TNG,” Ghost), Christopher Lloyd (Back To The Future, “Taxi”), James Marsters (“Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” “Caprica”), Sean Astin (LOTR, Rudy), John Carpenter (Director, Halloween), Eliza Dushku (“Buffy,” “Angel”) and other celebrities top the robust programming schedule at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, Thursday through Sunday, June 19-22 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some of the highlights of the more than 125 scheduled panels are:
· Interactive Q&A sessions with the Guardians trio of Bautista, Gillan and Rooker (Sat., 5:15 p.m.); “Firefly” tandem of Fillion and Tudyk (Sat., 3 p.m.); “Doctor Who” pair of Smith and Gillan (*paid event, Sat 10 a.m.), and “How to Survive a Killer TV Show” with Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies and Scott Wilson (Sun., noon).
· Individual Q&A's with Boreanaz (Sat., 2 p.m.), Goldberg (Sat., 1 p.m.), Lloyd (Sat., 3 p.m.), Marsters (Fri., 2:30 p.m.), Astin (Sat., noon), Carpenter (Sat., 4 p.m.), Dushku (Sun., 1:30 p.m.), WWE® Divas The Bella Twins® (Fri., 6:30 p.m.), Jason David Frank (“Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers”; Sat., 2 p.m.) and others.
· Informative discussions with noted comics creators Marv Wolfman (Fri., 1:30 p.m.), Peter Bagge (Fri., 4:30 p.m.), Michael Golden (Sat., 11 a.m.), Ken Bald with Danny Fingeroth (Sat., 11 a.m.), the power quartet of J.G. Jones, Greg Capullo, Khoi Pham and Mike Manley (Sat., 6 p.m.) and more
· Screenings of Karate Kid (Thurs., 5:30, followed by 7:30 Q&A with stars Macchio and Martin Cove; Revenge of the Nerds (“The Doug Benson Movie Interruption” at The Trocadero) and The Crow (Saturday, 6:30 p.m., preceded by 6 p.m. “Creating the Crow with James O'Barr”)
· Evening Parties including “Wizard World Creator Pro Am: Drink & Draw, (Fri,., 7:30 p.m., PhilaMOCA. 531 N 12th St) (21+ only); Wizard World After Party (Sat., 9 p.m., Trocadero Theatre, 1003 Arch St.) (21+ only); Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with featured cosplayers Eric “The Smoke” Moran, Ivy Doomkitty and others; Wizard World Comic Con Film Festival, featuring selected shorts and music videos (Fri. 4-7 p.m., Sat., 1:30-5:30 p.m., Sun., 1:30-4 p.m.); Sci-Fi Speed Dating (Thurs., 6 p.m., Fri., 4 p.m., 6 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6:30 p.m.; Sun., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.), 90-minute sessions; Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Fri., 12:30 p.m.; Sat., 10:30 a.m.; Sun., 11:30 a.m.) (paid events); Kids Day (Sunday), with an array of kids and family activities designed just for the younger set, highlighted by the Half-Hour Of Power With The Green Power Ranger with Frank (1:30 p.m.)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank Meet & Greets and “Doctor Who” panel with Smith and Gillen require a separate ticket.)
Wizard World Philadelphia is the eighth of 16 events currently scheduled in the 2014 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known comics artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions. For more on the event, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.