The Project Manager (Construction) is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the company’s new store opening plan. This position manages the construction of 10 – 15 new stores in all phases of project development, including construction, architecture, and engineering coordination required for the complete development of assigned company restaurants. The Project Manager has the responsibility to complete all construction projects within the required turnover date and within budget.
This position will be a home office based position located in D.C./Baltimore Metro area. The territory will cover the Baltimore, Mid Atlantic and North East states.
• Serves as project manager for new store construction covering all phases of project development. Manages the construction of 10 - 15 new stores to ensure construction is completed and meets the company’s high quality standards on a timely and cost effective basis. Oversees the work of selected general contractors and sub-contractors.
• Responsible for construction, architecture, and engineering coordination required for development of new stores. Works with other functions within the Support Center as well as Operations to ensure desirable store designs that meet local codes, landlord requirements, and Panda standards.
• Supports Real Estate Managers in their research for store sites, including due diligence, feasibility studies, cost estimates, and floor and site plans.
• Ensures completion of required approval processes, including government agencies, developers, and landlords. Oversees the construction bidding and contracting process for assigned stores. Helps develop a pool of qualified contractors for the assigned area.
• Supervises construction activities at the job sites; maintains project schedule, tracks regulatory approval processes, and oversees project costs. Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes. Creates a strong safety focus in the design of the facility and the execution of the field construction.
• Works with Operations to ensure new stores are successfully turned over to Operations as scheduled. Keeps Operations updated of any schedule changes
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience required
• Minimum five years of construction project management experience, preferably in the retail/hospitality environment
• Successful completion of annual store training
Business Responsibility: Development
Job Responsibility: Construction
Job Category: Associate
About PANDA RESTAURANT GROUP, INC. (PANDA EXPRESS)
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: July 29, 2014
Travel Required: Yes
Job Responsibility: Construction Business Responsibility: Development Job Category: Associate Experience Required: See above