The Director of Finance and Accounting (DFA) is responsible for liquidity, investments and risk management related to the company’s financial activities and for directing the fiscal functions of the company. The DFA provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization and assists the President, EVP and the Regional Presidents on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting at an accredited college or university.
• MBA or graduate degree a plus
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
• Big 4 public accounting experience
• 7-10 Years commercial real estate accounting and finance experience (Investment level accounting and property accounting)
• Experience managing and developing a property/real estate accounting team
• Current/prior experience must include Controller level and above
• Commercial Real Estate property accounting experience
• 5+ Years REIT Accounting or Accounting/Reporting for a Real Estate Investment Advisor preferred
• Experience in preparing financial statements and performance measurement returns