The Specialty Leasing Manager will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of license agreement administration, real estate analysis and site submittal presentations, in addition to supporting the leasing team from a legal research and financial analysis perspective.
• Accountable for driving revenue by prospecting new and working on renewal of short-term License Agreements and long term Leases identified by the company.
• Identify, qualify and secure retailers through cold-calling and canvassing.
• Canvasses the region to find and develop retail operations and concepts for the shopping center and funnels useful contacts and ideas to corporate.
• Maintain and update prospect / deal activity regularly.
• Manages deals through all stages from call-calling, negotiation, unit designs, fully executed agreements, move-in, set-up and sales reporting management.
• Meets and or exceeds projected income goal.
• Monitors specialty retailers’ activities and resolves problems in conjunction with the shopping center’s General Manager.
• Monitors and ensures visual merchandising requirements and standards are met.
• Evaluates retail mix to determine potential specialty retailer concepts.
• Negotiates rents and terms with specialty retailers in accordance with company guidelines.
• Develops relationships with specialty retailers to encourage repeat business and referrals.
• Monitors fixture inventory and permanent specialty retailers’ exclusives and restrictions.
• Oversees and monitors specialty retailers’ payments and sales reports in conjunction with mall staff.
• Interacts with local government to ensure compliance to all ordinances and regulations.
• Negotiates, generates and enforces provisions of the license agreement and lease.
• Reviews and approves retailer set-up, signage, and build-out where necessary.
• Collects, and monitors weekly/monthly minimum rent and percentage rent.
• Inputs license fee information, sales, etc. into database.
• Writes maintenance orders and follows up on performance.
• Deliver timely and accurate data through completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
• Monitors insurance, business/tax/licenses of specialty retailers.
• Coordinates specialty retailers’ move-in and move-out with staff, maintenance, and security.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a professional with demonstrated experience in the role or a similar role. Strong preference for candidates with regional mall experiences.
Experience and Training:
• Two (2) to three (3) years of specialty leasing and/or leasing field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Deal making, prospecting, networking and leasing experience
• Must have strong closing skills
• Ability to travel by automobile and air, and to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
• Good computer skills including spreadsheet and database applications.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and technical skills.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a broad constituency.
• Results-oriented and high energy.
• Highest level of personal integrity.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
• Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with database systems.
Business Responsibility: Development, Leasing/Real Estate, Marketing/Advertising/Publ Rel, Operations/Management, Specialty Leasing
Job Responsibility: Specialty Leasing
Job Category: Manager
About Starwood Retail Partners
Starwood Retail Partners (“SRP”) is a retail real estate platform focused primarily on regional malls and lifestyle centers. SRP will acquire, redevelop, manage and reposition retail real estate assets in order to enhance property cash flow and create long-term value for its capital partners. Formed by Starwood Capital Group in 2012, the global private real estate investment firm, and its affiliates, SRP seeks to capitalize on opportunities in the ever-changing retail landscape through a unique combination of talent, experience and execution capabilities. SRP brings to each of its investments hands on experience in management, leasing and redevelopment. SRP’s goal is to acquire, manage, reposition and re-develop market dominant shopping centers into enduring one-stop shopping destinations of the future.