Announces New Portfolio of Q-Series Lasers for Micromachining and CORELIGHT Series Kilowatt Fiber Lasers for Macro Materials Processing at Photonics West 2014
Milpitas, Calif., February 4, 2014 – JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU and TSX: JDU) today announced new laser technology that will be on display at SPIE Photonics West in San Francisco from February 4 -6. JDSU will feature its commercial and diode lasers and custom optics solutions that are at the heart of manufacturing processes and support a wide range of applications from semiconductors to materials processing.
Conference attendees are invited to visit JDSU at booth #1313 to see new products that include:
- Expanded Q-Series Platform with Higher UV Power for Micromachining
JDSU has expanded its Q-Series laser platform™ to provide higher UV (ultraviolet) power. JDSU Q-Series lasers continue to lead the market for high-power UV Q-switched diode pumped solid-state lasers for a wide variety of high-precision, micromachining applications required for the manufacturing of silicon wafers and printed circuit boards. The new platform provides the same process advantages delivered by the previous Q-series for pulse characteristics, while providing higher average power to enable higher overall throughput.
- Higher throughput with up to 22W of average power. This performance boost is coupled with pulse repetition rates from 40 kHz to 120 kHz and beyond. Also provides flexibility to optimize the laser characteristics at any time during processing.
- Flexibility to process wide range of materials. Enhancements allow the Q-Series to process the widest range of materials enabled by a large selection of pulse energies, pulse widths and repetition rates to meet the needs of demanding 24X7 manufacturing environments.
- Higher reliability and expanded lifetime. Because of its low fluence in harmonic crystals, no cavity optic coatings are exposed to UV light, improving the laser’s lifetime. The Q-Series also brings tight process controls due to superior energy stability.
- New CORELIGHT Series of Kilowatt Fiber Laser Engines for Macro Materials Processing
JDSU is introducing its new CORELIGHT™ Series of high-power fiber laser engines that provide 2.1 and 4.2 kilowatts of output power. The laser engines offer easy integration into new and existing manufacturing tools and utilize customer’s existing power and control systems for cost efficiency. The engines are based upon highly efficient and compact 2.1 kilowatt modules and enable high speed cutting, welding, material deposition, and other macro materials processing applications.
- High Speed. Ideal for high-speed processing for a variety of materials including aluminum, steel, and copper up to and beyond 1 inch of thickness.
- Small footprint. Solution is highly integrated - taking up to 50 percent less space and requiring less power to help manufacturers save on energy costs.
- JDSU ST Series 140 Watt Diode Laser for Multi-Kilowatt Fiber Laser Pump
The ST Series offers the brightest fiber-coupled diode laser with 140 Watts of output power within a 106.5um core to accelerate the adoption of fiber lasers by machine-tool makers for high speed metal cutting and shaping manufacturing processes. The design is powered by a next-generation diode laser chip that uses JDSU’s pump laser expertise and innovative optical and mechanical designs to deliver industry-best reliability that minimizes maintenance and recalibration needs.
- Compact and highly integrated. Reduces the number of components needed to produce a kilowatt-class fiber laser resulting in simpler, lower cost and more robust design alternatives.
- High reliability. Builds on JDSU’s previous generation of pump lasers for the highest reliability. The solution has been rigorously tested for endurance and power stability to withstand prolonged use in manufacturing settings. This level of quality ensures that manufacturers will spend more time producing metal products to meet their ongoing demands.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on JDSU Perspectives, , and YouTube.
News Source : JDSU Introduces New Laser Technology for Efficient Materials Processing