Analysts within the functional area of Asset Management play an integral role in supporting the management and development of value within the real estate asset portfolio. Individuals in this role are involved in all aspects of the managing and reporting process including underwriting, leasing, budgeting, appraisals and valuation, and project development monitoring.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work as an analyst in real estate asset management for retail properties
• Review external appraisal reports and provide qualitative and quantitative analysis on their content
• Complete asset strategy reviews and hold/sell models
• Review annual operating and capital budgets
• Prepare and update internal valuation models and memos
• Participate in the preparation of the annual business plans and quarterly reports for separate account assets
• Update and prepare mark to market models and capital commitment schedules
• Understand various real estate related documentation and prepare discounted cash flow models in Argus and Excel
• Complete supporting analysis on existing investments, development projects and potential acquisitions on behalf of asset managers
• Review and interpret joint venture structures including waterfalls necessary to manage the modeling and underwriting process
JPMorgan Asset Management Global Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the world’s largest real estate investment advisors with over $40 billion (gross) of real estate assets under management in North America and Europe with developing businesses in India and China. Given its relationships, reputation, and size, JPMAM Real Estate transacts an average of $4 billion in combined acquisition and disposition activity annually. JPMAM Real Estate is comprised of approximately 250 real estate professionals organized within key functional areas.
Posted: August 28, 2014
Travel Required: Yes
Job Responsibility: Other Job Category: Other Experience Required: Education: BA/BS undergraduate degree with strong financial or accounting background. Real estate experience is not required, but is highly desirable. Experience: 0-2 years of post graduate analyst experience coming from undergraduate education or any financial service, accounting or real estate organization. Skill sets: • Strong interest in real estate • Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential • Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously • Proficient in Excel • Exposure to financial modeling and discounted cash flow analysis • Well developed quantitative and analytical skills • Strong organizational and time management skills • Understanding of real estate valuation concepts highly desirable • Experience with Argus or similar valuation software highly desirable • Candidates should possess the ability to rapidly develop strong skills in the areas of valuation modeling, appraisal analysis, joint venture structures and yield modeling