UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – With significant snow accumulation predicted to fall in the Centre Region between Sunday and Monday, the Office of Physical Plant has declared a Midnight Clear to be in effect for the University Park campus (including Innovation Park) from midnight through 7 a.m. Monday (March 3) and again from midnight through 7 a.m. Tuesday (March 4).
During a declared Midnight Clear, parking is restricted in all staff parking lots from midnight to 7 a.m.
Departments with University vehicles are required to move them into one of the parking decks or designated overnight parking areas before midnight tonight.
Overnight parking is available in the following areas during a declared Midnight Clear:
1. All parking decks under roof areas only, between 4 p.m. and 8 a.m.
Deck clearances: Nittany Deck 6' 8" maximum, Eisenhower and HUB Decks 7' maximum. East Deck: The ground floor of the East Deck will accommodate vehicles up to 8' 2" in height. The East bay (the section closest to Bigler Road) on the ground floor of the East Deck is reserved for oversized vehicles that do not fit in the other garages on campus. Vehicles that normally had to remain in one of the approved surface areas because of roof racks, truck caps etc. can be parked in the East Deck.
Signs have been posted in the East Deck reserving the East bay (closest to East Halls) for oversized vehicles. Once the signs are posted regular vehicles (less than 7' maximum height) are prohibited from the reserved area and must park in another portion of the garage.
2. Red A, row of spaces located directly west of the EES Building.
3. Lot Orange H, center section located between Land & Water Research and the Materials Research Laboratory.
4. Lot Orange H, along the west end of the Materials Research Lab.
5. Lot Orange A (Katz Building), 10 spaces facing Services Road along the North side of the parking lot.
6. Areas with fenced parking compounds, e.g. Fleet Operations, Bryce Jordan Center, Physical Plant.
2. Section of Lot Orange U West of USB I North of the driveway.
3. Section of Lot Orange O next to the Tower Road Landscape. Employees with a valid faculty \ staff permit reporting to work early may park in these areas beginning at 3 a.m.
4. Student Storage Lot 43 or Resident parking Lots Blue 22, Blue 81, Blue 82, Blue 83, Lot Silver 42, and Brown 11 are exempt from Midnight Clear for students displaying a valid permit for these areas.
In Innovation Park:
1. 100 Building (Outreach Building) - back row of spaces in the southwest corner.
2. 328/330 Building - First section of parking on the left from the entrance from Innovation Blvd.
3. 329 Building - First row of spaces in the section of parking located between Day Bridge and 329.
Oversized vehicles should be moved to one of the areas listed above. If it isn't possible to move to one of the designated overnight parking areas, special provisions can be made by calling the Parking Office at 865-1436 or sending an e-mail to Parking@psu.edu.
Lot 44/Jordan East and Stadium West are not Midnight Clear restricted lots. However, there is no parking in Stadium West or Lot 44/Jordan East from 2 to 4 a.m., seven days a week.
If there are any questions concerning the Midnight Clear Program, contact the University Parking Office at email@example.com or 814-865-1436.