The following were the ten most read insights on uk.marsh.com during the second quarter of 2014:
10. Marsh Insights: Directors’ Remuneration Reforms – We examine the recent reforms to directors' compensation packages and look at how the personal assets of directors could be at risk if they do not comply.
9. Gross Profit UK vs. Gross Earnings US – An old article about business interruption insurance around the world, most specifically comparing the Gross Profit (GP) and Gross Earnings (GE) policy form.
8. UK and Ireland 2014 Cyber Risk Survey Report – Using its knowledge about cyber risk in the UK and Ireland, Marsh has undertaken an in-depth study into organisations’ attitudes towards the threat.
7. National Oil Companies Conference: Highlights and Insights – Key messages and insights delivered during Marsh’s fifth National Oil Companies Conference, held in March, have been distilled into an Executive Summary.
6. Advanced Cyber Attacks on Global Energy Facilities – This Marsh research paper looks at how energy firms are being disproportionately targeted by increasingly sophisticated hacker networks.
5. Our Top Ten Most Read Articles – First Quarter 2014 – so popular we’re doing it again.
4. Europe, Middle East and Africa Insurance Market Report 2014 – Our annual Insurance Market Report found that abundant capacity and fierce competition among insurers helped favourable conditions continue to prevail for EMEA buyers of insurance.
3. 2014 Captive Benchmarking Report – The Evolution of Captives: 50 Years Later – Marsh benchmarked 1,148 captives, including a vast array of captives, risk retention groups, non-traditional captive (such as special purpose vehicles) and life insurance captives.
2. Insurance Gross Profit vs. Accounting Gross Profit – This continually popular article discusses the importance of differentiating accounting gross profit from insurance gross profit when placing BI insurance and calculating claims.
1. The 100 Largest Losses (in the Hydrocarbon Industry) 1974-2013 – Drawing upon the many large losses Bowring Marsh has helped manage, this report provides insight into the causes of large losses in the global power industry.