From L-R: Keith Greenfield (Cricket Performance Manager Sussex CCC), Matt Bull (Director of Sport at MCS), Alan Duncan (Performance Coach at Sussex and Head of Cricket Coaching at MCS), Tim Hands (Master at MCS), Michael Yardy (Sussex Cricket), Luke Ryan (Business and Operations Manager, OCB), Chris Clements (Chairman, OCB), David Bebbington (Head of Cricket, MCS)
Sussex Cricket have established a formal partnership with Magdalen College School, Oxford, as part of the existing tie-up with the Oxfordshire Cricket Board.
All parties involved will benefit from this agreement which will enable them to work effectively together to support the development of cricket. Some examples of how the partnership will work include:
• Magdalen College School (MCS) will provide their superb indoor facilities for the Elite Player Programme during the winter months, delivered in partnership with Sussex Cricket, along with strength and conditioning support to our elite players.
• Oxfordshire County Cricket Board will support MCS staff to develop their coaching skills through our Coach Education Program tailored to School Masters.
• Links to all web pages
• Sussex will offer coaching, grounds and lecture support to performance sport.
• Staff offered opportunities to visit Sussex CCC for CPD opportunities.
• Level 4 Coach Alan Duncan will be coaching across all three programmes to ensure the same high quality is delivered to MCS pupils as it is to Sussex players.
The facilities on offer at MCS such as the state of the art cricket and gym facilities, along with the three organisations working together will give all the athletes the opportunity to succeed and go further within the game.
Sussex's aim when signing up to the agreement was to deliver and raise the standard and opportunities within cricket in Oxfordshire and help talented cricketers to fulfil Oxfordshire and MCS aspirations.