Job Summary: The Senior Construction Project Manager position is with a privately–held real estate development firm focused on large scale, retail-oriented mixed-use developments. This role will be responsible for general contractor management and coordination, site management, scheduling, design coordination, project team management, and change order management for the company’s development projects. The role reports to the Director of Construction.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage and coordinate activities of multiple prime contractors
• Coordinate day-to-day field activities with owner’s internal team and personnel
• Drive and manage weekly meetings between owner, contractors, and designers
• Manage, track, and forecast overall project schedule
• Coordinate design completion and changes with contractors on-site
• Communicate and coordinate with local building department authorities
• Bid and procure additional scope items
• Must be able to negotiate contracts with contractors, vendors, and suppliers
• Coordinate change order management among contractors
• Manage construction budget, forecast future potential exposure
• Manage on-site tenant coordination team
• 7-10 years experience working for a large general contractor and/or development firm in a Project Manager position
• Project history should include at least some field experience on vertical mixed-use development and/or multi-tenant lifestyle retail
• 4 year degree in construction or engineering strongly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with a vast number of people with varying backgrounds
• Strong knowledge of MS Software applications
• “Whatever it takes” and “no excuses” attitude, with a ready willingness to go the extra mile to ensure successful execution
Business Responsibility: Corporate Staff Management
Job Responsibility: Construction
Job Category: Manager
About Poline Associates
We are nationwide specialists in all phases of recruitment for the Shopping Center industry. On the owner side, we work on positions ranging from leasing to property and asset management, operations, marketing, development, acquisitions (both raw land and existing centers), tenant coordination, construction, architecture / design, legal, accounting and finance. And, on the tenant side, we work on retail site selection, construction, architecture / design and store planning positions. Our assignments range from field positions to senior level executives.
The majority of our clients are among the top US shopping center developers and owners. Our retailer clients range from large, well-established national retail chains to emerging concepts looking to create a presence either on a national, regional, or local basis. In addition, we work with retail general contractors, architecture and design firms, and real estate-focused law firms nationwide on their talent needs.
The foundation of Poline Associates’ success in executive search has been our highly specialized approach – we are, quite simply, experts in understanding retail real estate talent and the needs of our clients. Our over 30-year continuous membership in the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) has helped us forge a nationally recognized reputation as leaders in our field.
Posted: September 3, 2014
Travel Required: No
Job Responsibility: Construction Business Responsibility: Corporate Staff Management Job Category: Manager