Story Number: NNS140627-05Release Date: 6/27/2014 12:31:00 PM
From the Office of the Chief of Information
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 10 initial reports across the Navy from June 16 - 22.
This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; three of the reported incidents occurred during this period, six occurred outside of the report period and one unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Eight reports were from events that occurred on-base, one from an event that occurred off-base, and one from an event at an unknown location.
* Eight of the alleged offenders were male, one was female and one was unknown.
* Among the 10 alleged offenders, five were petty officers, one was a midshipmen, two were civilians and two were unknown.
* Six of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member and four non-service member on service member.
* Among the alleged victims, five were petty officers, one was E3 and below, one was a midshipmen and three were civilians. Of these reported, the alleged victims were three males and seven females.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.