Story Number: NNS140819-12Release Date: 8/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
From the Office of the Chief of Information
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 21 initial reports across the Navy from August 11 - 17. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; six of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 15 occurred outside of the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Seven reports were from events that occurred on-base, five from an event that occurred off-base and nine unknown.
* Twenty-one of the alleged offenders were male and one unknown.
* Among the 22 alleged offenders, one was a chief petty officer, eight were petty officers, six were E3 and below, four were civilian and three unknown.
* Eleven of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, four non-service member on service member, three service member on non-service member and three unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, eight were petty officers and 10 were E3 and below and three were civilian. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 14 females and seven males.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit .