Story Number: NNS140829-20Release Date: 8/29/2014 1:53:00 PM
From the Office of the Chief of Information
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 22 initial reports across the Navy from Aug. 18 - 24.
This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; five of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 16 occurred outside of the report period and one unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Eleven reports were from events that occurred on-base, eight from an event that occurred off-base and three unknown.
* Nineteen of the alleged offenders were male, one was female and one unknown.
* Among the 21 alleged offenders, one was an officer, three were chief petty officers, six were petty officers, two were E3 and below, three were civilian and six unknown.
* Twelve of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non-service member on service member, two service member on non-service member and six unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, one was an officer, seven were petty officers, 10 were E3 and below, three were civilian and one unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 18 females and four males.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.