Story Number: NNS140711-11Release Date: 7/11/2014 12:09:00 PM
From the Office of the Chief of Information
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 13 initial reports across the Navy from June 30 - July 6. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; three of the reported incidents occurred during this period and ten occurred outside of the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Four reports were from events that occurred on-base and nine from an event that occurred off-base.
* 11 of the alleged offenders were male, two were female and two were unknown.
* Among the 15 alleged offenders, four were petty officers, four were E3 and below, one was civilian and six were unknown.
* Eight of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non-service member on service member and three unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, three were petty officers, eight were E3 and below, one was civilian and one unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were six males and seven females.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit