Surge in Demand For IT Professionals in Hong Kong - Smartphone App Developer tops the list of 5 Hottest IT roles in Hong Kong
Hong Kong., June 26, 2014 - (PressReleasePoint) - The IT market is on the rise in Hong Kong and candidates with application development, virtualization experience, security and compliance expertise are in high demand according to Mr Bernard Yeo, Country manager of en world Hong Kong a leading recruitment firm specializing in mid-senior level roles. “As employers shift into hiring mode the issue of IT skills shortages raises its head again.
“In most cases, the highest calibre IT professionals are not proactively seeking a new job. However, the majority are open to hearing about new opportunities with high number of speculative enquiries from IT professionals asking about potential opportunities in the market. Even though starting salaries continue to rise, jobseekers are sending out a very clear message that remuneration is not the only reward they are after,” Mr Yeo added. In recent years, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of professionals working in the IT sector compared to the scenario a few years back, when a large portion of such jobs were outsourced to lower cost offshore locations. Here at en world the top five IT jobs that are likely to be in demand for 2014 throughout Hong Kong are:
1. Smartphone App Developers - The tremendous rise of smartphone users means more companies are targeting the mobile application market. The demand for qualified smartphone application developers for Android, iOS as well as Windows has skyrocketed. With an average salary range of HKD 30,000 to HKD 40,000 for a month, it is expected that the demand for this particular profile will remain consistent for the next few years.
2. HRIS Specialists - Specialists of HRIS (Human Resource Information System) are in high demand too. Mostly having to concentrate on matching the skills of a job seeker with respective openings, HRIS specialists are very often required to process and handle personal data and matters. Although there are not many complex requirements to be fulfilled for securing such a job, possessing excellent professional-level communication skills is vital. Typically, HRIS specialists are paid about HKD 35,000 – 45,000 per month.
3. Implementation and Project Managers - The implementation manager plays a very significant role when it comes to the growth of a company. Managers of this level need to be able to handle client requirements effectively and expertly. This senior job post can be secured quite easily by professionals with extensive proven experience. An expert Implementation Manager can expect to earn between 50,000 and 60,000 HKD per month.
4. IT Security and Compliance Officer - Although not as readily available as application developer jobs, openings for IT compliance officers or IT auditors do occur on a regular basis. Mostly, such a job requires the professional in question to make sure that the IT company is respecting all the laws and regulations that are applicable, at any given instant of time in every way possible. Since this particular post is quite sensitive in nature, companies only hire professionals who exhibit a solid background and they can expect to be paid anywhere between HKD 35,000 and HKD 45,000 per month.
5. IT Operations Managers - In order to secure a post for operations manager, generally an applicant is required to possess a masters degree, or at the very least, a bachelors. Past experience increases the likelihood of getting selected. A manager of operational level is expected to handle sensitive projects, important clients as well as primary developers. Moreover, such a manager is required to connect different departments of a company when it comes to projects and tasks. A good operational manager can get a salary of more than HKD 60,000 per month. However, in the case of a more junior manager, about 50,000 HKD can be expected.
These 5 job types are the highest in demand right now in Information Technology in Hong Kong Keep informed of our latest roles at enworld.com/hk/jobs.
About en world: en world provides recruitment services, focused on mid-career professionals. The company was established in Japan in 1999 and has expanded to Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Vietnam, Thailand and India. With 650 staff representing 20 nationalities in 15 offices, introducing talents with 2,800 clients across the Asia Pacific Region. en world is a subsidiary of en-japan Inc., Japan's leading internet-based recruitment solutions provider.
Visit -- www.enworld.com