A season of optimism and growth, such as what Africa enjoys at the moment, is at the same time a season for ethical leadership and wise stewardship.
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, June 27, 2014 - (PressReleasePoint) -
A season of optimism and growth, such as what Africa enjoys at the moment, is at the same time a season for ethical leadership and wise stewardship. The Business Ethics Network of Africa (BEN-Africa) speaks to this imperative by strengthening the commitment and competence of Africans to do business with moral integrity. This is done through robust dialogue and collaboration amongst Africans sharing a commitment to sustainable development through ethical and responsible business practices.
The dialogue takes the shape of many engagement initiatives such as the annual conference hosted by the Business Ethics Network Africa (BEN-Africa).
As BEN-Africa convenes in Stellenbosch South Africa this year (2014) the conference theme will be Equal in an Unequal World. The aim of the meeting will be to pursue answers to the question on how to guide business in eliminating unjust inequalities, and promoting sustainable development and an economy based on fundamental ethical values. The conference programme is planned around the following activities:
• Keynote addresses that will focus on Quality Education in an Unequal Society; Bridging Inequality through Philanthropy and Global Responses to Inequality from a Business Ethics Perspective.
• Panel discussions on Inequality Challenges in the African Context and Business and Business Education: Stretching or Bridging inequality?
• Learning journeys to sites where conference participants will engage with the manifestations of inequality in the South African society
• Papers based on the conference theme presented by scholars from various countries.
• A gala dinner where thought and practice leaders in business ethics will be honoured.