(KNOXVILLE, Tenn.) Apr. 9, 2014 – TeamHealth, one of the nation’s largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals, has named its 2014 Medical Directors of the Year for its Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Anesthesia and Specialty Hospitalist service lines. Selected by TeamHealth’s operating presidents, 16 individuals were recognized for excellence in physician leadership.
“We are very proud to announce our 2014 Medical Directors of the Year,” said Gar LaSalle, MD, FACEP, national chief medical officer for TeamHealth. “These outstanding physicians provide medical and business leadership for our hospital clients and the patients and families we serve, and they personify our organization’s mission to provide quality, efficiency and exceptional patient care.”
The 2014 Emergency Medicine medical director honorees are:
• Douglas Batesky, MD, Aurora Lakeland Medical Center in Elkhorn, Wis.
• Eric Fulcher, MD, Saints Mary and Elizabeth Hospitals in Louisville, Ky.
• Eric Guerrant, MD, Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in Danville, Ky.
• Elizabeth (Betsy) Hull, MD, Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center in Knoxville, Tenn.
• Jin Kim, MD, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital in Sugar Land, Texas
• Matthew Krauthamer, DO, Special Operations based in Mendham, N.J.
• David Levine, MD, Lakewood Hospital in Lakewood, Ohio
• Raquel Martin, DO, medical director at Kenmore Mercy Hospital in Kenmore, NY.
• John Matheson, MD, Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland, Wash.
• Richard Paley, MD, Saint Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla.
• William Pullen, Jr., MD, Hamilton Medical Center in Dalton, Ga.
• Mark Sexton, MD, Maryvale Hospital in Phoenix, Ariz.
The 2014 Hospital Medicine medical director honoree is:
• Barbara Michael, MD, St. Francis Hospital, Charleston, W.Va.
The 2014 Anesthesia medical director honorees are:
• Jacqueline Hyland, MD, Saint Francis Health Center in Topeka, Kan.
• Jonathan Wurl, MD, Redmond Regional Medical Center in Rome, Ga.
The 2014 Specialty Hospitalist medical director honoree is:
• Jim K. Hudson III, MD, Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
These winners are among the more than 9,700 healthcare professionals who are affiliated with TeamHealth.
TeamHealth (Knoxville, Tenn.) (NYSE: TMH) is one of the largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals in the United States. Through its 19 regional locations and multiple service lines, TeamHealth's approximately 9,700 affiliated healthcare professionals provide emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, urgent care, specialty hospitalist and pediatric staffing and management services to approximately 860 civilian and military hospitals, clinics, and physician groups in 47 states. The term "TeamHealth" as used throughout this release includes Team Health, Inc., and all of its related entities, divisions, subsidiaries and affiliated physicians and physician groups. For more information about TeamHealth, visit www.teamhealth.com.