Temp2O™ Technology is a digital temperature display featuring LED color indicators to signal different water temperature ranges for easy, visual indication.
From timidly testing with a toe to splashing with our hands, 91 percent of Americans test the water temperature of their shower or bath before getting in, according to a recent survey commissioned by Delta Faucet.1 The survey reveals insights into bathing and showering habits and preferences, many of which can be simplified with the new Delta® Temp2O™ Technology.
With a digital temperature display featuring LED color indicators to signal water temperature ranges for easy, visual indication, Temp2O technology delivers advanced water temperature awareness for added peace of mind and ease of use.
"Through consumer research, we learned about the desire for temperature readings in the bathroom that could help in conserving water and avoiding cold or hot surprises," said Paul Patton, senior research and development and regulatory manager for Delta Faucet Company. "Temp2O Technology ensures that consumers know the water temperature flowing from their shower or bathtub spout consistently."
Other key consumer findings the survey unveiled include:
• Unwind, Relax. Relaxation is key when it comes to showering and bathing rituals. Just under half of Americans note relaxing as the most important thing after washing.
• Carefree Caregivers. Fifty-five percent of respondents who bathe someone else say that water temperature is their main concern. Temp2O Technology offers improved safety and comfort when bathing loved ones.
• Clean & Efficient. Seventy-seven percent of Americans shower or bathe at least once per day, with 21 percent showering more than once a day. Knowing that, Temp2O products offer water-saving solutions with a flow rate of 2.0 gpm and are WaterSense® labeled, providing 20 percent water savings compared to the industry standard.2
• Hygiene Conundrum? Don't Take Away My Shower! Whether quick and efficient or long and relaxing, 61 percent of Americans would rather give up brushing their teeth for a week than remove showering from their daily habits.
• Singing in the Rain. It's not too surprising that 47 percent of Americans prefer background music while showering or bathing, but a whopping 70 percent admit to singing in the shower.
Delta Temp2O showerheads and handshowers are available at The Home Depot, in-store and online, as well as at select kitchen and bath showrooms nationwide. For additional information about Temp2O Technology and other innovative Delta product solutions, visit deltafaucet.com.
1 Survey of 500 U.S. residents ages 18 and older conducted by Lab42 in July 2014. 2 Based on showerhead flow rate of 2.0 gpm versus Industry Standard of 2.5 gpm ASME.A112.18.1/CSA.B125.1
About Delta® Products
There is a philosophy at the heart of every Delta® product: there is a better way to live with water. It goes beyond excellent design to incorporate smart thinking that anticipates people's needs. From proprietary Touch2O® Technology that turns faucets on and off with just a touch to H2Okinetic® shower technology that sculpts water into a unique wave pattern, giving you the feeling of more water without using more water, Delta products incorporate thoughtful features that delight. Paired with beautiful and inspirational design, it's another way that the Delta® brand is more than just a faucet. A WaterSense® partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Delta Faucet Company is a global organization that offers kitchen faucets, bath faucets, shower heads, shower systems, toilets and related accessories, selling products in more than 53 countries. For more information, visit www.deltafaucet.com.