Concordia Seminary ( Concordia Seminary )

Concordia Seminary

Concordia Seminary's picture

Concordia Seminary was founded in 1839 in Perry County, Missouri, by a group of emigrants from Germany. In 1849 the preparatory division and the school of theology of the young institution were moved to St. Louis and relocated on a site at South Jefferson Avenue and Winnebago Street. The preparatory division was moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 1861. In 1926 the campus was moved to its present 72-acre site in suburban Clayton. Since its inception, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, has provided more than 12,000 professional workers in the church.